The Canada New Zealand Business Council (CNZBC) exists to promote and facilitate contact, communication, trade, technology transfer, services, and investment between two great countries: Canada and New Zealand.
CANZBC has several clear objectives:
- To promote contact and communication between business people in the two countries.
- To facilitate bilateral trade, technology transfer, services and investment between Canada and New Zealand.
- To act as a clearinghouse for information on trade and investment opportunities.
- To widen the contact base of New Zealand traders doing business with Canada.
- To inform members of decisions, activities and trends in Canada, of potential significance to trade and commerce.
- To provide a forum for ideas, opportunities and personal contacts that will encourage exchanges of trade, commerce, industry, investment and education between Canadians and New Zealanders.
- To foster a better understanding and appreciation between the business and social communities of the two countries.
The CNZBC was established in New Zealand in 1989. It is based in Auckland. Most of the current members have been involved with the Council since its inception.
In 2002, a Canada-based sister organisation, The Canada, Australia & New Zealand Business Association (CANZBA), was established in Vancouver.
The CNZBC encourages networking amongst its members supporting social functions in conjunction with business activities to provide a venue for closer liaison between members from New Zealand and business visitors from Canada.
Historically, the Council has been involved in several trade shows to increase commercial awareness of its activities and facilitating trade between Canada and New Zealand.
Various functions are organised when visiting government officials or business speakers from Canada while small informal social events enable networking.
- Trade Leads
- Import, Export and Investment Advisory Services
- Marketing to Members
- Canada Calls visits to New Zealand
The rules by which CNZBC operates by can be found in the document “Rules of Canada New Zealand Business Council (Incorporated)“